Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chicken Update

So, we ended up getting 5 more chickens so we now have 7. Florence and Skittles are older and the new ones are only about 2 months old. We hadn't gotten any eggs until today. Our first egg. It has been fun. Ephraim and Katelynn enjoy helping and Jenna loves to go see them. If you ask her if she wants to go see the bock bocks she gets all excited.
4 of the newbies

Our first egg

Yummy!

2 comments:

me said...

I have issues with eating things that I grow or raise. Can't do it! Veggies and fruits of course are fine, but nothing else! Are you going to breed at all or eat the actual chickens? I can't live on a farm!

Janel said...

I'm kinda like your friend! I would be scared to eat the egg~I heard fresh eggs taste different! LOL I gotta buy mine at the store! But thats cool you guys have chickens and that they're producing!