I have a dilemma. I am home alone at night alot. Ephraim is busy. Fishing trips, hunting trips, scouting trips, and other random things take him away from the house often. I never feel 100% safe when he isn't sleeping next to me. I never sleep well because every noise sounds like a burglar. So here is my dilemma. We can't afford a security system, so I get a dog or a gun. There are pros and cons to both. I would have to learn to shoot, and guns are a little scary. But I wouldn't have to feed it or scoop its poop. A dog would be sweet for the kids, but then my sister would have a hard time visiting. Maybe I just need to quit being a scaredy cat and realize that I have great neighbors and a phone to dial 911 if the need arises. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was the same about guns, till Dave insisted on one. I have gone to shoot them at the shooting range...actually fun. However, the only problem; I can't ever remember the combo to the gun safe. But you are right, dogs you have to scoop, walk, money to feed, and they smell....all the time. Bath or not. I don't think I helped much, did I?! :) Good Luck!
I'm not sure what you should choose. Like you said a Dog would be fun for the kids, but there are lots of responsibilities involved with a Dog. A gun is great protection IF you could actually see yourself shooting it at a person. I'm afraid that if the time came down to it I would freeze up and not be able to use it. Not sure. I think I would lean toward a pup.
we should talk, ryan is gone at night all the time because if work...long story short, i never sleep, and am constantly freaked, but we have done some things that have helped me to feel more safe! seriously, lets chat about it soon!
heidi
i think you should sleep with the phone next to you and pray for protection every night. (and then have faith in the Lord) :)
If you had to choose one I'd go with the dog. Think of all the miles you'll be required to walk with it to keep it from eating your shoes. Oh wait that sounds like a lot of work. I think I'd go with Honor's suggestion.
I have a can of wasp spray next to my bed and one by the front door. I've read that it really disables a would-be bad person!
Post a Comment