Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Girl Power!!

I have three girls.  Lately on the news and with the recent elections there has been a lot of talk of women's rights and empowering women.  I feel like the worlds idea is that to be an empowered woman you have to have a successful career, be famous, or have a lot of money.    I think though the world has a different idea about "girl power" than I do. So I wanted to jot down a few things I hope my daughters will become.  In no particular order. 

I hope they can be independent, but not afraid to ask for help when they need it. 
I hope they can be educated, but not so much that they become prideful.
I hope they know that men are better at some things, and be okay with it. 
I hope they know that being a mom is the hardest, most important job that they will ever have.
I hope they can be virtuous in a world that would persuade them to be anything but.
I hope they can be compassionate.
I hope they know how sacred life is.  And never take that for granted. 
I hope they can always stand for what they believe in, even though it probably won't be popular.
I hope they can have self-confidence without being vain.
I hope they can serve others.  Not for recognition, but out of love. 
I hope they can see that beauty really is more than skin deep.  Not only in themselves but in others.
I hope they choose to stay home with their children and are happy with that choice. 
I hope they know that life is hard, but that prayer makes it  easier.
I hope they know that they are at their best when they are themselves. 
I hope they know that they will make mistakes, but that they can repent and learn from them.
I hope they will stay true to their faith.  That they will never forget that they are daughters of Heavenly Father.
I hope they know that their body is a gift and will treat it as such. 
I hope they can always develop their talents.
I hope they can find balance in their lives. 
Mostly I hope they are happy.  That they know how much I love them.  That no matter the choices they make I will always love them.   

3 comments:

me said...

Couldn't agree more!
Awesome Post Jordee!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could have put that any clearer. Thank you!

Melanie said...

Great costumes! And I love this girls post. It's so important in today's world.