Monday, June 13, 2011

5th Grade Camp!

This past week I attended 5th grade camp with Katelynn.  We had so much fun.  It is held at a YMCA camp and they do a lot of learning classes.  The classes we took were rock climbing, sustainability and composting, canoeing, marine biology, squid dissection, and orienteering.  We were there Wed-Fri, and our days were jam packed.  Friday morning we had the chance to do the Polar Bear plunge.  It was so cold.  I am glad I did it with her, but it is not something I would ever want to do again.  The kids also had a skit night on Thursday.  I didn't get pics, because I was videoing.  It was a blast and I am so glad to be able to build fun memories with my Katelynn.
Ready for the rockwall

Spider-girl
 
Me on the rock wall

Katelynn and her friends

Swimming

Crafts in the cabin

Canoeing

That is a squid the teacher is giving her

Counting the tentacles

Her name in squid ink

Dissected squid parts
(Doesn't she look thrilled)

Touch tanks

Katelynn and her cabin roomies

Me and Katelynn

After the polar bear plunge

Katelynn and friends on the last day

Katelynn and Ms. Barnes

2 comments:

Jessumca said...

Yay! I am glad you updated! I miss your sweet sweet family. That camp looks so amazing! I hope that when my children get old enough they can experience something so educational and fun! Looks like an amazing experience! :)

Rinez said...

Very fun! I did a similar thing with three of my girls.