Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

So I know I am a bit behind on my post but here goes. We started the day out early. The Ephraim's went and played football with Cris' ward at 8:30 and then our ward right after. While playing football Ephraim tore his bicep muscle and so now he has to have surgery (more on that later) Following football we got the turkeys ready. We hosted this year because Ephraim's folks were in Turkey. Ironic huh! We decided to do a traditional bird and one on the barbecue rotisserie style. They both turned out delish!! I can't take credit as it was the men in the fam who did all the cooking. Cris made sweet potatoes (out of pumpkin) Alex made the rolls and James made the stuffing. We had way too much food but we enjoyed ourselves. After dinner we played apples to apples and then the boys played settlers. All in all a very fun day.


Enjoying the food


The rotisserie turkey Yum

Jenna watching daddy play


Big E and Cristian playing football




3 comments:

me said...

Sounds like you guys had a good and tastey time, except for the injury. I'm sorry about that. I'm sure that is painful. Good luck with surgery!

McMullin's said...

JOrdee: Sounds like a great time. I wish the guys would cook the meal heck even help cook one meal. I haven't hosted yet but seems to always get suckered into helping cook. At least my younger bro helped with the pies.

Sorry to hear about the injury hope all goes well with surgery.

Melanie said...

So glad it was a fun day. Keep us posted about big E. That stinks. I hope he's not in too much pain!